The Hive Screening: He Named Me Malala
The Hive Screening
Monthly screening of films with messages, questions and answers worth talking about, the Hive Screening is for arthouse movie lovers and independent film enthusiasts. Got a topic you want to discuss? Let us know and we might just screen it alongside a discussion session. Only at the Hive Rooftop.
He Named Me Malala
A look at the events leading up to the Taliban's attack on Pakistani schoolgirl, Malala Yousafzai, for speaking out on girls' education followed by the aftermath, including her speech to the United Nations. Screening in conjunction with International Women's Day.
Tickets are $12 and includes 1 drink.
50% of sales will go to the Malala Fund, and donations on the day of are more than welcome. Join us on our fundraising campaign and donate here: http://bit.ly/thehivexmalala
About the Malala Fund
Did you know that more than 130 million girls worldwide are out of school? I think this is totally unacceptable, so I’m taking a stand. I hope you'll join me.
Education activist and co-founder of Malala Fund, Malala Yousafzai, has shown that one child, one teacher, one book, and one pen can change the world. I’m fundraising to help Malala Fund fight for 12 years of education for all girls.
If you’re able to help with any size donation here, your gift will:
- Amplify girls’ voices by giving them a platform to connect with Malala Fund and each other.
- Support local leaders and organizations in Nigeria, Pakistan, Kenya, and places housing Syrian refugees.
- We invest in these on-the-ground organizations because we believe real, lasting change will ultimately come from empowered local leadership.
- Advocate for the necessary resources and policy changes to enable all girls to receive safe, quality education.
- The event description was updated. Diff#229075 2017-02-27 09:10:47